Alexa and the NUT CASE
Don’t we all wish we could indulge in heavenly chocolate bites and still feel perfectly healthy? Alexa invites us to discover her delicious guilt-free recipe of nutty chocolate balls.
I love Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Don't you? These healthy balls are my take on my favourite treat, but full of nuts, raw cacao, good fats and no sugar, as I am allergic to pretty much every chocolate out there. They use palm oil and additives that make me break out in eczema (it is pretty bad let me tell you). This recipe requires little ingredients and tastes phenomenal. Keep them in the fridge, and don't nibble all at once.
- 100g skinless hazelnuts
- 100g wallnuts
- 100 pecans
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 3 tbsp. honey (or maple)
- 3 tbsp. coconut nut oil at room temperature
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum or baking powder
- 2 tsp. peanut butter
- 100g dark chocolate melted
- 25g chopped hazelnuts (roasted are better here)
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Start by pulsing the hazelnuts, walnuts and pecans into a flour. You can use a Nutri Bullet, Food Processor or just a plain blender (make sure you cover the top with a towel, so the nuts don't go flying across the room.
- Pour the mixed nuts into a mixing bowl, add the cacao powder and baking agent and combine.
- Using your hands work in the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey until a firm dough is created.
- Roll into balls with a tbsp as a guide so they all have a similar shape.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once they are done, do not try to lift them off the tray.
- Let them rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Once cooled, drizzle in the melted chocolate (dark or white) and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnut. I use dark chocolate as I'm allergic to white. My husband loves the white ones though!
Author: Alexandra from www.styleandmacaroni.com