Fashionista Bounty Balls
A childhood favourite recreated in a healthy way with a fashionable twist! This recipe combination of beetroot, coconut and chocolate is raw, vegan, gluten-free and lightly sweetened.
- 1 tbsp beetroot powder
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
To make the filling:
- Process the coconut products and syrup or honey until a homogenous and sticky mixture is obtained. Add the beet powder and process again.
- Turn into balls and freeze for 15 minutes.
To make the chocolate coating
- Place everything in a small bowl and mix everything until well incorporated.
- If it is not perfectly smooth then continue to adjust your proportions until just right.
- Bathe each coconut ball in the chocolate.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to set before serving.
Author: Tatiana from Health & Yum.