Fresh & Healthy Lentil Salad
We know life gets busy, with long working hours and many chores to get back to when you reach home, not to mention trying to keep up a healthy social life! If you're looking to stock your fridge with some healthy, easy to prepare options to fuel you throughout your week, try making this delicious and fresh lentil salad!
This salad tastes great right after mixing it all up, but it gets even better with time in the fridge! Just remember to stir it before serving to redistribute that wonderful dressing.
Serves: 4-6 Prepping time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium sized onion thinly chopped
- 1 large cup green du puy Lentils
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper for tasting
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cook the lentils according to the package directions. For most lentils, bring 3 cups of water to boil in a pot, add the lentils, then continue to boil for 15-20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Drain the lentils in and rinse briefly with cool water.
- In parallel, in a large bowl mix the mustard with the balsamic vinegar, then add the olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Add the onions to the mix and let it onions soak in the sauce for 10/15 minutes.
- Once the lentils are cooked, add them to the bowl along with the diced tomatoes and coriander.
- Mix thoroughly so that the dressing is evenly redistributed; add salt & pepper, extra dressing and toppings to tasting.
Et voila! Bon appetit :)
Author: Tara Achkar from www.taraachkar.com.