A Healthy Poached Egg Breakfast By Gordon Ramsay
Poached eggs in comparison to scrambled, baked or fried eggs are definitely the healthier choice! However, they are not as easy to make. Take a peak at the best recipe to make the perfect poached egg by the world's most famous chef.
Gordon Ramsay has become arguably the most famous chef in the world over the last decade or so. This is primarily because he happens to have turned himself into every bit as good a television personality as he is a chef. In addition to hosting famous cooking-related shows like MasterChef and Hell’s Kitchen, Ramsay has had a few other smaller programs, as well as his own edition of “MasterClass”, a relatively new phenomenon by which extremely talented and successful people share their secrets. Ramsay has also gained fame by opening restaurants more or less all over the world, and one of them being right here in Dubai!
Oddly enough though, it’s for these same reasons that some people might dismiss Gordon Ramsay or not take him seriously. Indeed, it’s easy to get the idea that he’s more of a celebrity figurehead than a chef. But this is easily refuted if you actually watch him cook or read about his culinary accomplishments, rewards, and recognitions. While Ramsay has shown he also has an unusual gift for television and branding, he got where he is today by being one of the most talented chefs in the world. And for that reason, when Ramsay reveals one of his healthy and delicious recipes, anyone interested in cooking should take note!
One of the things Ramsay has become particularly famous for online is simple: a perfect poached egg. There are numerous videos of the chef demonstrating his technique, and it’s exactly the sort of thing that an amateur chef might find daunting at first, but then fall in love with! Try making this recipe the next time you're craving a delicious avo toast with a perfectly poached egg on top :)
- 1 small orange
- 1 avocado
- 5 semi-dried cherry tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp flaked almonds
- 2 slices sourdough bread (or bread of choice)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch dried chili flakes
- 1 dash of white wine vinegar
- First, peel the orange, remove any seeds, divide into segments, and chop into small pieces. Place these in a bowl.
- Next, halve, pit, and peel the avocado before chopping up roughly; along with chili flakes, salt, and tomatoes, add to the bowl with orange bits. Mix together roughly to make a paste.
- Next, poach the eggs. Add vinegar to gently simmering water in a saucepan. Break your egg into a teacup, whisk the water to create a whirlpool, and tip the egg into the center. It should cook for about three minutes, or until the egg rises to the top with the whites cooked. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and set it aside to drain while you repeat the process with a second egg (possibly covering the first to keep it warm, though not so much as to keep it cooking).
- As the eggs are poaching, you can toast the flaked almonds in a dry pan until golden-brown (but not burnt), and lightly toast your bread to your liking, on both sides.
- Lastly, spread the avocado paste on each slice of toast, place a poached egg on top of each, and top with the toasted almonds. Now you’re ready to eat!
It’s a simple recipe, a quick preparation, and a wonderful way to combine a lot of healthy ingredients for a delicious twist on eggs benedict. And when it comes from one of the top chefs in the world, you know it’s probably worth a try!