August 17, 2017
Justine’s Apricot And Orange Blossom Cookies
Feeling too lazy to bake? Sit back, relax and order Encas for the weekend!
Ingredients (makes 6 cookies)
- 1100g of gluten free oats
- 60g of almond powder
- 4g of chia seeds (1tbsp)
- 60g of honey (3tbsp)
- 15ml of orange blossom (1tbsp)
- 2g of cinnamon (1tsp)
- 45ml water (3tbsp)
- 1 star anise
- 15ml of cocoa butter (1tbsp) it can be replaced by coconut oil
- 70g of dried Apricot
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a small saucepan, place the star anise in the water and bring it to a boil. Then let it rest and cool down. When it is cold, remove the star anise.
- Place the oats in a food processor and blend until flour. Add to the oat flour in the food processor the almond powder, chia seeds, honey, orange blossom, cinnamon, melted cocoa butter (or melted coconut oil). Blend for 1 min. Add the infused water to the mixture. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Cut the dried Apricot in small cubes and mix together with the cookie dough using a wooden spoon.
- Take a generous tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball (you can weigh the balls if you wish to have exactly the same size of cookies - approximately 50g each).
- Continue doing this until the mixture has finished. Place the balls on a baking tray dressed with a baking parchment paper, about 4 inches apart. Press each ball with your hand to make a rounded flat cookie shape (don’t flatten too much).
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes until they turn into a golden color on the sides, take them out the oven and let them cool slightly.
Author: Justine Dampt, Founder of Encas