This recipe by Maha's Kitchen Secrets is diabetic friendly, keto-friendly and above all healthy, easy and quick.
Cauliflower exists in almost all cuisines, and it can be prepared in endless ways. It is a super healthy non-starchy and underrated vegetable. This white ball of supreme goodness belongs to the brassica family, which includes cabbage, kale, broccoli and sprouts. This family sits high on the chart among the healthiest of vegetables. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamin K, B6, C, Manganese, folate and potassium. It has anti-inflammatory properties, helps reduce the risk of heart disease and reduces the risk of cancer. It has a low calorific content; great if you’re on a weight loss plan or diabetic. Did you know that one serving contains over 60% of your vitamin C daily allowance? Or that 100 grams uncooked is only 25 calories?
The pomegranate molasses sauce adds a fantastic explosion of flavour and leaves you with a happy and satisfied tummy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Roasting: 20 minutes
Start to finish: 25 minutes
1kg cauliflower floweret
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 tablespoon salt
Pomegranate molasses sauce:
2 teaspoons toasted coriander and cumin seed
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons molasses, pomegranate
1/4 cup tahini
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup yoghurt
· Preheat oven to 200 C fan setting.
· Cut the cauliflower into flowerets to the size as seen in the video.
· Place all the spices for roasting in a bowl with salt and the olive oil and mix.
· Drizzle over the cauliflower and toss with hands.
· Place the cauliflower on a foil-lined tray cut side down and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes then turn them over and roast for a further 10 minutes or so until slightly browned.
· For the sauce add the 2 teaspoons of toasted cumin and coriander
· Fry the garlic until starts to brown then add the spices, molasses, tahini and salt.
· Bring to the boil and mix in the yoghurt.
· You can roast the cauliflower plain with no spices following the same technique and tossing them with olive oil.
· Keeps in an airtight container for up to 6 days in the fridge.
Roaster cauliflower per serving: 747 Calories; 56g Fat (63.0% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 26g Dietary Fibre; 0mg Cholesterol; 3502mg Sodium.
Pomegranate molasses sauce per serving: 768 Calories; 62g Fat (69.3% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fibre; 8mg Cholesterol; 2250mg Sodium.
Author: Maha from https://www.mahaskitchensecrets.com/.